Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat

Tonight is Halloween and kids will be out trick or treating. It is a fun time and it is great to see the many creative costumes that come to our door.

I remember when I was younger, how much I loved Halloween. As someone with a serious sweet tooth, this is my time of year. My favorite part after a long night of trick or treating was searching through my bag of candy for something special and unique amid all the M&Ms, Hershey or Snickers Bars. Back then, special was Dots or Bit of Honey or Sugar Babies.

October has certainly given us a whole lot of tricks. But today the market is a lot like Halloween and we are out trick or treating. But instead of Dots, we , we are looking to find a special stock or two for our portfolios. They are out there as the recent market decline has created lots of treats. We may have to go to a few more houses to find them, but we will find them! And when we do it will feel just as good as when we munched on our Halloween candy. The biggest difference between now and when I was younger is I don’t have to wear a costume and I am a lot more patient.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: