Monday, October 20, 2008

Old Friends

I spent this past weekend with some old friends. We played some golf, caught up and reminisced about the past. As we get older, the weekends become more sedate but the stories about our past exploits become more impressive. It is always a good time and something I look forward to every year.

There is a lot going on in the markets, some of it is important, but much of it is noise. That made this weekend especially refreshing as it was a great way to clear my head. I still feel very comfortable with our approach to dealing with this crisis. Look for good businesses, with good balance sheets operated by excellent managers and buy them at the right price. I am confident if we stick with this discipline our clients will come through this a great shape. It is not really complicated, but executing it requires patience. After a nice weekend, I feel rejuvenated and ready to go.

No comments: